Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains the personal data Georgian Bay Biomed
processes, how Georgian Bay Biomed processes it, and for what purposes.
Georgian Bay Biomed (GBB) is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with applicable
privacy laws, such as the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, which sets the
ground rules for how organizations may collect, use, or disclose your Personal Information throughout
applicable Canadian federal and provincial privacy laws.
We are responsible for the protection of Personal Information in our custody or control. This
retention and disposal of your Personal Information, whether collected by us online, via telephone or
companies that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage, including,
without limitation, any affiliates or business partners.
existing law, regulations, company policies or business practices. Any such amendments will be
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information about an identifiable individual and may include (without limitation)
your age, name, address, income or financial information. It reveals something of a personal nature
about you, and it could reasonably identify you if disclosed. Personal Information does not include
business contact information such as an employee's name, title, business address or email address, or
information that has been anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a
What Personal Information do we collect?
We collect Personal Information from you online, over the telephone or by mail, and will inform you of
the purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Information at the time of collection, or as
- Identifying and contact information such as your name, address, telephone number, email
address and birth date;
- Certain Personal Information related to your requests for certain products or services;
- Information related to your use for our website, including internet service providers and
Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of devices being used to access our website, operating systems
and the types and versions of browsers used to access our website, dates and times users access
our website, as well as website cookies;
- Other information through your use of our website, correspondence or discussions with us, and
other mechanisms for transacting and communicating with us.
Why does GBB collect Personal Information?
We collect and use your Personal Information to perform our necessary business activities, including:
- To process, verify, and deliver orders of products or services, including subscription services
related to newsletters, or informational campaigns;
- To communicate with our potential customers regarding products or services via email or
- To manage our relationships with potential customers, investors, shareholders, and other
- To receive and respond to inquiries, and improve our products and services;
- To permit individuals the ability to register with us;
- To identify and carry out improvements to the products services we provide;
- As permitted or as is necessary to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- To deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional materials based on your use of
- To track and analyse trends and patterns impacting our business;
- To detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities;
- To create aggregated information that does not allow an individual to be personally identified or
- Any other reason any other reasonable purpose, so long as consent from the individual has been
How does GBB use the Personal Information collected?
We may use Personal Information collected:
- As permitted or as is necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements;
- In any other reasonable manner, so long as we have obtained your prior consent.
GBB may also use aggregated, anonymized information collected for statistical purposes in order to, for
example, analyse trends and patterns. GBB may disclose aggregated anonymized data to third parties,
but never any identifiable Personal Information (except in accordance with this policy).
When does GBB disclose Personal Information?
We may disclose Personal Information with our employees, consultants, affiliated companies and other
third parties that provide services to us, and who require it in order to ensure we are able to manage
Additionally, your Personal Information may be disclosed with your consent, or:
- To our third party service provider for purposes related to supporting our business;
- During emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person;
- As part of a merger, acquisition, divestment, or change in control of all or part of our business.
How does GBB protect Personal Information?
We store your Personal Information in Canada, under our custody and control using reasonable
organizational, contractual, technical and physical security measures to protect your Personal
Information from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure or destruction. Should you have any
questions or concerns about the specific safeguards we have in place, please feel free to contact our
privacy officer at the contact information below.
How can Personal Information be accessed or updated?
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-
date, but should you wish to review, change or otherwise access your Personal Information held by us,
please contact our privacy officer as per the details below.
By giving your Personal Information to GBB you consent to your Personal Information being collected,
withdraw your consent at any time by contacting our privacy officer. If you choose to withdraw or refuse
to give consent, GBB may not be able to provide or continue to provide certain services or information
What rights you have over your Personal Information?
If you have left comments on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data
we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any
personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for
administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How long does GBB retain Personal Information?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can
recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation
For users that register on our website, we store the Personal Information provided in your user profile.
All users can see, edit, or delete their Personal Information at any time (except they cannot change their
username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Georgian Bay Biomed Inc.
365 Evans Avenue, Suite 503, Toronto, Ontario, M8Z 1K2
Attention: Carrie Winterstein
T: (647) 951-9333